Protocol No.: 235
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF INVITATION
For one (1) position of Administrative and Logistics Officer
Chernivtsi, Ukraine- Short Term
The Non-Profit Association Doctors of the World – Greek Delegation, for its services provided to the Ukrainian people with its mobile teams operating in Chernivtsi, Ivano-Frankivsk and Odesa oblasts and the distribution of humanitarian aid across Ukraine
Administrative and Logistics Officer
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANIZATION
Doctors of the World / Médecins du Monde – Greece (MdM-Greece), founded in 1990, is a medical humanitarian non-governmental organization and is a member of Médecins Du Monde International which consists of 17 delegations (Argentina, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Turkey, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States of America).
The guiding principle underlying MdM’s activities is that every human being has a right to humanitarian assistance, irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, ideology or political persuasion.. The primary goal is to improve access to health care for vulnerable groups. The organization’s activity, however, extends beyond the health sector. Always based on their medical experience and complete independence, they speak out against obstruction of access to health, against human rights abuses and against dignity.
DESCRIPTION OF GENERAL ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for providing efficient support and ensuring success of procurement and logistic activities, while providing efficient utilization of resources in accordance with applicable standards. He/she will be in-charge of implementation administrative and logistics activities, he/she will oversee keeping clear records for all administration and logistic operations, including filing and achieving logistics documentation.
- Prepare documentation, materials, refreshments for meetings and workshops/trainings were necessary.
- Handle travel arrangements for local and international guests including lodging, meal planning if required.
- Provide all administrative and logistical support to the team to ensure timely completion of activities as per the work plan.
- Make timely arrangements to maintain internet faults, office building, furniture, fittings and equipment in all the survey sites.
- Carry out timely storage and retrieval of goods in order to safeguard goods and make them available to end users.
- Ensure all the survey sites offices are fully equipped with office consumables.
- Maintain hardcopy and electronic filing systems; to ensure integrity and continuity of data/information.
- Prepare purchase requisitions necessary for office or as requested by project staff.
- Request for bids and quotes from vendors.
- Inspect accurately and timely, goods, services and works procured in order to establish client specification.
- Provides accurate information for inventory management.
- Assess and organize logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of supplies and establish proper warehousing and recording
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered.
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored.
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to distribution to the survey sites.
- Provide a list of all equipment stored and distributed to the survey sites.
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid unnecessary supply.
- Carry out annual property inventory and provide other reports in his area of responsibility.
- Liaises with competent authorities for tax exemptions, port clearances, etc. and the timely delivery of all items.
- Devise methods of stock control closely monitor supply management, and regularly submit situation reports on stocks, equipment and prepositioned goods.
- Bachelor Degree relevant to Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Project Management
- Up to 2 years previous experience in humanitarian sector or/and in relevant position
- Experience of volunteering work
- Excellent knowledge of English (writing and oral)
- Excellent computer skills (Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office.)
- Good Working Knowledge of Ukrainian language
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and initiative, ability to organize and supervise, ability to solve problems in crisis situations
- Commitment to humanitarian values
- Understanding of community
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of MdM Greece
- Ability to draft reports
HOW TO APPLY
The candidates are invited to send their application documents to the following e-mail address email@example.com with the indication «Administrative and Logistics Officer», by Friday 17/02/2023.
MEDECINS DU MONDE – DELEGATION HELLENIQUE
Sapfous Str. 12, 10553, Athens
The organization MdM Greece examines each application based on the qualifications required by each job and always regardless of gender, nationality, religion or political beliefs and based on the principle of equal opportunities
President of BoD