Protocol No.: 95
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF INVITATION
For one (1) position of Assistant Protection Officer
Siret (Romanian/Ukrainian boarders)- Short Term
The Non-Profit Association Doctors of the World – Greek Delegation, for its services provided to the Ukrainian people with its mobile unit situated in Siret (Romanian/Ukrainian boarders),
Assistant Protection Officer
1. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANIZATION
Doctors of the World / Médecins du Monde – Greece (MdM-Greece), founded in 1990, is a medical humanitarian non-governmental organization and is a member of Médecins Du Monde International which consists of 17 delegations (Argentina, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Japan, Turkey, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States of America).
The guiding principle underlying MdM’s activities is that every human being has a right to humanitarian assistance, irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, ideology or political persuasion.. The primary goal is to improve access to health care for vulnerable groups. The organization’s activity, however, extends beyond the health sector. Always based on their medical experience and complete independence, they speak out against obstruction of access to health, against human rights abuses and against dignity.
2. DESCRIPTION OF GENERAL ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DUTIES AND RESPONSOBILITIES:
- Αssist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern
- Project administrative support (keeping/updating project’s files)
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor
- Assist in organizing meetings and training by arranging venues, stationery, etc. as requested by supervisor
- Assist in rising Purchase request, field staff requisitions and follow up on approvals
- Collect information and compile reports for the project
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree relevant to Humanitarian Sector
- Up to 2 years previous experience in humanitarian sector or/and in relevant position
- Experience of volunteering work
- Excellent knowledge of English (writing and oral)
- Excellent computer skills (Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office.)
- Ukrainian Good Working Knowledge
- Fully Vaccinated against Covid-19
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and initiative, ability to organize and supervise, ability to solve problems in crisis situations
- Commitment to humanitarian values
- Understanding of community
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of MdM Greece
- Ability to draft reports
- Knowledge of the Romanian language
3. HOW TO APPLY
The candidates are invited to send their application documents to the following e-mail address email@example.com with the indication «Assistant Protection Officer», by Monday 20/06/2022.
MEDECINS DU MONDE – DELEGATION HELLENIQUE
Sapfous Str. 12, 10553, Athens
The organization MdM Greece examines each application based on the qualifications required by each job and always regardless of gender, nationality, religion or political beliefs and based on the principle of equal opportunities
President of BoD
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Doctors of the World of Greece are committed to preventing any kind of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity as well as financial miscondact. They are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom the organization “Doctors of the World of Greece” engages. The Organization expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through its code of conduct and ethics. It is a high priority for us to ensure that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will receive the appropriate training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization.
All job offers will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records. Doctors of the World Greece also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. Under this Scheme, we will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and / or sexual harassment during employment or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms that he / she understands the recruitment procedures.