- MdM-Greece initiated operations at the border point of Siret in Romania, on 10.03.2022 and now retains more than a month of continuous operations in the area since then.
- A Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) has been deployed to Suceava and Siret as well as a team of medical and programmes’ staff including one GP, one gynecologist and one pediatrician. To date, a total of 39 health volunteers have taken turns supporting the operation of the MMU.
- MdM-Greece provides emergency PHC support on Siret border while it also visits and supports 7 hospitality centers for Ukrainian citizens set up in the vicinity of Siret. Up to now, MdM-Greece’s field medical team has catered for a total of around 855 patients in transit. These included cases with mild symptoms (cold, flu etc) but also chronic patients in need of more complex treatment and medication.
- MdM-Greece has collected approx. 60 tons of NFIs (mostly medicines and medical consumables) so far and has already dispatched 5 humanitarian missions to Ukraine, escorting the relief items.
- The largest delivery took place in 24.03.2022 Médecins du Monde – Greece delivered 30 tons of humanitarian aid to the Ukrainian people in coordination with the Lviv Region and HELPUKRAINE.
- MdM-Greece in collaboration with the Hellenic Aid Department of the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs has supported through humanitarian aid deliveries the southern-eastern region of Odessa as well.
- MdM-Greece collaborates with Lviv and Chernivtsi local authorities and with HELPUKRAINE regarding the dispatching of relief items to hospitals and health centers inside Ukraine.
- So far, it is estimated that the activities of MdM-Greece for Ukraine have directly benefited more than 11.000 people, while the number of indirect beneficiaries is estimated at up to 400.000.