The Field Coordinator in the regional office in Dnipro will support the emergency management system and the response, implementation, and adaptation of MDM operations in the east of Ukraine to cope with the current emergency in Ukraine. In addition, he/she will lead the identification, design, implementation and adaptation of projects and programmes, in close liaison with other members of the coordination team and the logistics/finance department.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Dnipro (Ukraine), with possibility to move to other locations because of security reasons
The Field Coordinator is reporting to, and under the direct responsibility of, the Ukraine General Coordinator
- Lead the different phases of programmes/projects and adaptation, based on the context/risk analysis and in line with the initial findings of needs/risk assessments and available resources.
- Ensure the program and project resources are planned, allocated and utilized effectively and transparently and in full accordance with local laws and donor requirements.
- To achieve this, collaborate with the team to critically review and analyse systems in place to ensure ongoing budget monitoring, financial management and expense control and compliance
- Manage the base team and ensure each position has clearly defined and achievable objectives.
- Collect relevant information for the subsequent in-depth analysis of the humanitarian situation through key informants (international NGOs, local, UN, Donors, authorities, etc.) and understand the trends and evolution of the crisis, as well as knowing barriers / red lines or limitations in our potential interventions / actions.
- Maintain strategic vision and identify intervention opportunities and possible adaptation of our projects, including resources and risks analysis.
- Ensure ongoing budget monitoring, financial management and expense control and compliance for the projects in charged.
- Analyse possible gaps in the humanitarian response where MdM could contribute to improve the situation. Identification of possible actions and work modalities that could potentially be carried out, based on the needs and gaps identified.
- Contribute to a depth analysis of the security situation and systematization.
- Supporting the management of context information using different tools or instruments: situation diagnostics, stakeholders mapping, sitreps and other tools may be needed.
- Maintain an adequate level of reporting internal and external and ensure the projects resources are planned, allocated and utilized effectively and transparently and in full accordance with local laws and donor requirements
- Facilitate communication among staff and with HQ